httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cordula's Web <cpgh...@cordula.ws>
Subject [users@httpd] Bandwidth management with Apache 2.0.x
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:21:25 GMT
Hi,

what's the "official" way to do bandwidth management
with Apache 2.0.x? For 1.3.x, mod_throttle is okay,
but AFAICS it can't be used by 2.0.x.

I'd like to limit rapid-firing robots, by progressively
slowing the response time down to a configurable lower
limit (e.g. a few hits per minute). This slowdown
should only apply to the IP address of that robot,
and disappear again after the rapid-fire ceases.

I googled and looked at the FAQ, but didn't find
anything really useful for 2.0.x yet. Surely I'm not
the first one with this problem. How did you solve it?

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/