httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David J Jackson" <david.jay.jack...@excite.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Strange problem with scripts
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:30:45 GMT

this is just too strange. I have tried every method I can find for sending<br>email
from perl/cgi scripts. I have found that when I use Net::SMTP<br>everything works fine
from the console. However, when I point my browser to<br>the script, it hangs around
for a while doing nothing before outputting a<br>blank page. Strange thing is, i have
heaps of other scripts (that do not<br>involve sending email) that work fine.  Any help
greatly appreciated.<br><br>(yes i do have root access to the

I'm sure you already done this but I'll mention it just incase.

Check log files :error_log, access_log, on UNixish servers also check /var/log/messages.

David