httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_bandwith (chroot problem?)
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:31:00 GMT
Hi,

if you want to specify a path relative to the apache root directory you can't start with a
'/'.
So in your case

BandwidthDataDir /tmp/apachebw

should be

BandwidthDataDir tmp/apachebw

If this is not going to work then apache can't find the directory for some reason. Chris was
basically trying to express the same thing. If you start a filename with a '/' the file path
is considered absolute, not relative to the directory the application is running in.

Jurgen

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:03:41 +0100
Didier Wiroth <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu> wrote:

> Hi, thanks a lot for answering but I tried it and doesn't work, same result!
> "BandWidthDataDir must be a valid directory"
>
> I honestly don't think your proposition can work because after starting apache with chroot,
the httpd root directory becomes /home/httpd:
> Every reference in httpd.conf is while it is jailed:
> for example:
> /usr/local/apache/ is in httpd.conf but it is actually /home/httpd/usr/local/apache,
I've recreated the entire directory and file hierarchy that apache needs.