httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access Forbidden! (Is this an Apache error?)
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:44:41 GMT
--- Paul Laudanski <laudanp@yahoo.com> wrote:

"Hello David, I see this problem a lot in my support
of PHP-Nuke portals.  There are a couple of things
that
come to mind:

"Check your user/group ownership of the
file/directory and ensure that the user apache runs
under has access to the file (this includes the
permissions on the file as well ie: rwx)."

Thanks for the tip. I think I understand what you're
saying, though this is all very new to me. I'm
especially in the dark regarding user/group ownership
and permissions, an I've never had to deal with that;
my websites are all on my computer, which isn't shared
by anyone else. (However, I have published this page
onlne, and it isn't working there, either.)

Anyway, I'll have to find a tutorial to help me figure
how to check my user/group ownership (of the folder my
websites are in, or the folder Apache is in).

Can you suggest a topic heading or keywords to search
for? I browsed through the main Apache 2.0 page at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ and the FAQs but
didn't see anything that looked relevant.

Thanks!