httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Access Forbidden! (Is this an Apache error?)
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:23:53 GMT
I've got a really bizarre problem that's tough to
troubleshoot, because I don't have a clue what's
causing it.

I have some suspicions it might be linked to Apache,
based on the fact that I only recently installed
Apache, PHP and MySQL and the following error message:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested
directory. There is either no index document or the
directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact
the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
1/17/2004 8:09:52 PM
Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_10 Perl/v5.8.0
mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.7c PHP/4.3.4

I get this error message when I click on a link to an
atlernate style sheet. In other words, my web page is
linked to several style sheets, and I can click
various JavaScript links to determine which style
sheet controls the page.

Here's some code from the head section that
illustrates the master style sheet and one of the
alternate style sheets:

<link href="css/aaa.css" rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css" />
<link href="css/aaa2.css" rel="alternate stylesheet"
type="text/css" title="Two" />

And here's the link I click to switch to style sheet
aaa2.css:

return false;" title="Two">Two</a>

The other weird thing is that I have two pages that
are almost identical and are even in the same
envelope. The style sheet switcher suddenly stopped
working with both of them, but only one gives me the
error message I posted above.

Can anyone tell me if this sounds like an Apache error
- or if it almost certainly isn't an Apache problem?

Thanks.