httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Changing Apache 2.0 from a Console to a Service - Getting Closer!
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:37:39 GMT
Holy cow, I think my problem just fixed itself.

I thought XAMPP's instructions were awfully vague,
where it says, "For shutdown the Apache HTTPD, only
close the Apache Command (CMD)."

Someone told me the same thing - shut it off by simply
clicking the X in the top right corner of the console.
But when I did that, I couldn't start it again, and I
had to reinstall the entire package.

But I got the same feedback from someone else, so I
tried it again, and it seems to work.

I rebooted my computer, to make sure. When I type
http://localhost/ into a browser, I get a page on my
computer, rather than that lame online website. I
can't open the console again (not that I want to), but
it's apparently installed as a service; I see
Apache.exe displayed under processes in the Windows
Task Manager.

Sheez, all I had to do was click the X!

--- Iain Cunningham <iain.cunningham@architecta.co.uk>
wrote:

> One final thing, it's best not to use html formatted
> messages when
> submitting to a mailing list!

Hmmmmm... I'll try to figure out how to fix that. I
had to abandon Eudora, because I can't reply to the
list. (I can receive messages, but I can only send
e-mail to my own address, for some reason.) So I
signed up for an e-mail account with Yahoo.

I'll look for instructions on turning off html on
their website.

Thanks again!