httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How do you shut down Apache 2.0?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:33:34 GMT

--- luciusm0124@aol.com wrote:
> If you're running windows, there are a couple ways:
>
> 1.  you'll need local admin rights to stop the
> apache service
>     under admin services
>
> 2.  if you're on a unix platform try
>     /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop
>
> Hope this is helpful.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I simply
closed the Apache 2 window by clicking the X in the
top right corner, then restarting it when I want to
use it. Would that somehow hurt the program?

I just ran into someone who said that's a legitimate
way to shut it down, but it seems odd after Apache.org
goes to so much trouble to specify commands for doing
the job.