httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Test - and Search for Dreamweaver/Apache Users
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:49:29 GMT
My Eudora program crapped out, so I'm trying to access
this newsgroup from a different e-mail address.

I'm sending this message to see if I succeeded and to
ask if there are any Dreamweaver users who might be
able to offer a newbie some advice.

Very briefly, I'm using Windows XP Pro, and I want to
learn how to use Apache, PHP and MySQL. I downloaded
Apache 1.3.29, which installed very easily and worked
fine, but PHP blew me away.

So I downloaded a preconfigured package (XAMPP), with
Apache 2.0, Apache 4 and MySQL. Everything seems to be
working, but I'm having trouble with the next step -
previewing my pages with Dreamweaver.

I'll relay some more information is this message gets through.