httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josh <i...@fofavengers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 'Install successful' screen
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:36:20 GMT

I just installed Apache (1.3.29) on my Slackware box in
/usr/local/apache_1.3.29

I configured everything correctly (I think), and when I point my browser to my
IP, I get the 'Installation was successful' screen. Okay, good.

The DocumentRoot is set to the default (/usr/local/apache_1.3.29/htdocs)

So I enter that directory and delete the files already there. I put my index
page there, restart Apache, and point my browser to the IP. Yet I still get
the 'Installation was successful' screen.

I've cleared my browser cache, and had other people try to access the page,
but it remains the same. I've checked my entire system, and that .html file
is nowhere. There is no other .html file other than my index file.

So what'd I do?