httpd-users mailing list archives

From Payal Rathod <payal-...@staticky.com>
Subject [users@httpd] open proxy
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:43:33 GMT
Hi,
Whenever I try to connect to the freenode irc server
I am rejected saying that I have a open proxy running on machine on port
80. On port 80 apache is running. Is it possible that apache is acting
like a proxy? I am not that familar with apache and use it just for
webmail client and publishing logs.
I read through some docs and found that ProxyRequests might be the key
to my problem. Upon doing some greping on the machine (Mandrake 9.2) I
found,
 # pwd
 /etc/httpd/conf.d
 # grep -ir ProxyRequest *
 30_mod_proxy.conf:ProxyRequests Off

 It is set to Off. What is wrong then? Are there some more parameters
 required?

 Thanks a lot in advance and waiting eagerly for some input on this.
 With warm regards,
 -Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com