httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHosts Issue
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 04:46:07 GMT
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 05:47:07PM -0500, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
<snip>
> It doesn't make any sense to me because namely I didn't make any changes to
> my config, other than for the appropriate (new) IP address.
>
> Indeed, I've tried removing the VirtualHosts and then re-adding one at a
> time, and still get this error.   I have in the configuration:
>
> NameVirtualHost 24.62.xxx.xxx
>
> and the default, as before, is set to:
>
> <VirtualHost *>
The error indicates that the address in the second NameVirtualHost
directive (24.62.x.x) overlaps with the address '*' (all addresses) in
the first NameVirtualHost directive. Just use one NameVirtualHost
directive for each IP address you want to use and don't add one for '*'.

This topic was discussed sometime last month, although it was pretty confusing!
The topic is here if you want to read through it:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=107052408007855&w=2

If you're trying to setup a 'default' server to be served, just make
sure that the default server comes first in the list of vhosts for each
ip address.

ie:

namevirtualhost 1.2.3.4
namevirtualhost 1.2.3.5

<virtualhost 1.2.3.4>
# this is served as the default server for ip 1.2.3.4
</virtualhost>

# other vhosts for 1.2.3.4 here ...

<virtualhost 1.2.3.5>
# this is served as the default server for ip 1.2.3.5
</virtualhost>

# other vhosts for 1.2.3.5 here ...

HTH
--