httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Salgueiro <l12...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] encoding problem
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:35:42 GMT
Hi.

I have made a script in php that calls a java program.
This java program will make a connection to a
PostgreSQL db and do some operations. That java
program works just fine if I run it on a console, but
when it is php to run it gives errors related to the
charset encoding.
The error that apears in "error.log" is the following:

Java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  Could not convert UTF-8
to ISO8859-1

I think that the problem is than Apache or PHP is
runing the java program with UTF-8 encoding, while it
should be running with iso8859-1.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks.
Pedro Salgueiro.