httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Mena <rt_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Limiting the number of accesses per directory
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:57:35 GMT
Hi Nick,

I did not turn the keep-alive feature off.  It's
actually with the same standard setting as of apache
1.3.x.

Do you recommend turing it off or reducing the time ?

> It does indeed.  The OP mentioned PHP, which could
be suppressing keepalive.  In that case enabling it
(with a low timeout value) could be a huge improvement
(one TCP connection for the page, as opposed to a
separate one for every image, stylesheet, script,
etc).

How can I find which php modules are not apache2
"compatible" ?

> Upgrading to Apache 2 and Worker MPM, if your PHP
can cope.