httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] large number of vhosts
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:18:28 GMT
Tobias Glasow wrote:
> yes, this is what i now see in the error log. but what can i do, do have
> individual logfiles?

You could increase the file descriptors, but I feel to rusty to suggest how
for your platform (I have had no need myself).

But, when having a large number of hosts (> 100) you should in most cases
avoid having individual logging. Many people log to a single log file (or
pipe them) and include the name of the host in each log line, then run a
cron job (eg. once a day) that splits the logs based on that host name. See:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

Regards,
Robert Andersson