httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Access Forbidden! (Is this an Apache error?)
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:01:50 GMT
David Blomstrom wrote:
> I have some suspicions it might be linked to Apache,
> based on the fact that I only recently installed
> Apache, PHP and MySQL and the following error message:
>
> Access forbidden!

First, determine what resource this concerns. When you get this error, look
in your access log and look for a 403 status code (after the request line).
There you have exactly what was the problem. Next step is to find the
corresponding line in the error log, to see why it was forbidden. Let us
know you findings.

PS. As you seem to be on Windows, the permissions discussion with Paul might
cause some confusion for you.

Regards,
Robert Andersson