httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Not Serving Images
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:04:36 GMT
[plain text everybody...]

Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> I see the image on my webserver, but the image does not get across
> to the internet. Someone said they got a posix error 54 on their browser.

You (and the OP) should primarily look at any firewall or antivirus software
that might be installed. It is usually not sufficient to disable it, but
require removal to get rid of its bad effects.

> But concerning the permissions thing, is there a special permission that
> I might need to grant under windows platform? I saw that you were
> giving *nix instructions on the permission and wondered if that was my
> problem as well, but I use windows.

You probably don't need to worry about the permissions; I see no reason why
permissions would cause the effects described in this thread.

Regards,
Robert Andersson