httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Not Serving Images
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:25:12 GMT
Brian Eckenrod
> I actually have done that and the image is not served.  In checking the
> error log, there is no entry.
>
> The access log will show something like;
>
> [19/Jan/2004:08:14:28 -0500] "GET /images/logo.gif HTTP/1.1" 206 12595

The return code 206 means "Partial Content". Why you would get such a
response when requesting it, I don't know. The question is why Apache gets a
request for just part of the content.

> When doing this, the HTML page is not served to the client, I just see an
> empty page.  But if I just double click on the page from Windows explorer,
> it will display without any problems.

Please check this with another browser and/or on a different computer, it
sounds very much like a client issue. Could you give us a link, so we could
see for ourselves?

Regards,
Robert Andersson