httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jan, Andersson" <Jan.Anders...@agriculture.gov.ie>
Subject [users@httpd] Using proxy And rewrite fails in 1.3.29, works in 1.3.19.
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:47:31 GMT
Hi,

After upgrading from 1.3.19 to 1.3.29 I have ran into some
problems with using rewrite and proxying under the same virtual host.

Have the following virtual host configuration:

--- from httpd.conf ----
ProxyRequests On
Listen 9090

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName box1.domain.ie
        RewriteEngine on

        RewriteRule ^/organics$ http://izone [R]

        <Location /includes/*>
                Deny from all
        </Location>

        ProxyPass / http://box2.domain.ie:6030/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://box2.domain.ie:6030/
</VirtualHost>

--- end from httpd.conf ----

When I ran under 1.3.19 this worked as i wanted it to:
- hitting http://box1.domain.ie:9090 serves back http://box2.domain.ie:6030/
- hitting http://box1.domain.ie:9090/organics redirects the client to http://izone

After upgrading:
- hitting http://box1.domain.ie:9090/organics redirects the client to http://box1.domain.ie/organics
(?!)
(mod_rewrite doesn't seem to be invoked in this case...)

Guessing that the configuration I have is wrong, maybe the syntax is stricter in 1.3.29 or
something?
Note that there are no error messages in the apache/mod_rewrite log.
Also if I turn of the proxying the rewrite works in 1.3.29.

Can anyone find any errors or something that I might be doing wrong?

thanks, Jan

***********  Department of Agriculture and Food ***************

The information contained in this email and in any
attachments is confidential and is designated solely
for the attention and use of the intended recipient(s).
This information may be subject to legal and professional
privilege.  If you are not an intended recipient of
this email, you must not use, disclose, copy,
distribute or retain this message or any part of it.
If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
this email from your computer system(s).