httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn Rost <b.r...@portrix.net>
Subject [users@httpd] remove whitespace on the fly with jsps
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:20:14 GMT
In our current setup we use a jboss/tomcat connected with apache1.3/mod_jk and
everything is working fine. The jsps from our application however contain many,
many blank spaces and lines that i would love to get rid of. I do not want to
use zip though.

Now i have tried several approaches, including Apache::Dynagzip, mod_mocrify and
mod_filter but none of them seems to work because the jk-handler does not send
its output through the filters and the filter handlers don't know about jk.

Now does anyone know about a way to do this with apache 1.3? Or is this a good
reason to upgrade to apache2.0 and use AddOutputFilter which sounds just like
what I want to me.

thanks
bjoern

--