httpd-users mailing list archives

From The Fueley <TheFue...@satx.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] "Forbidden" Error on UserDirs
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:07:33 GMT
I'm having sorta the same prob that z-lite is having with displaying a
page. I installed apache2.0.48 under gentoo. I kept the default
/var/www/localhost/htdocs as the document root. Thats fine for me. What
i want to do is enable the personal user web pages. eg.
http://webserver/~thefueley/index.html
i have this in my apache2.conf.

LoadModule userdir_module                modules/mod_userdir.so

I also have this in my commonapache2.conf

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir public_html
    UserDir enabled thefueley
</IfModule>

<Directory public_html>
Allow from all
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Options +Indexes
</Directory>

I also have the public_html dir under my home dir.
The .htaccess file in /home/thefueley/public_html is with permissions
755 and owned by root. My error_log only shows that i have access denied
to http://webserver/~thefueley/ and
http://weberver/~thefueley/index.html
Yes i do have the index.html file in public_html and i have restarted
apache2 when making changes. The default webpage comes up fine
everytime, as in http://weberver. I get the default.."Congratulations
Apache install was successful" I'm getting frustrated here, anyone know
what I'm missing? I can post more of my configs if necessary. Thanks for
your time all.
--
The Fueley
54 68 65 20 46 75 65 6C 65 79