httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <d...@cavecreek.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:21:39 GMT
Did you change permissions on some dirs in /home during your Apache
install or something like that, so now that your ftpd will not allow
access to those dirs?

-dant

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 19:17, Greg wrote:
> I'm guessing permissions falls under Apache in some way here.  Under my
> web root I have /home with a blank index file in it, then a few user
> directories under that.  Before the reload I could allow each user
> rights to ftp into their own directories.  Now I can't and I'm lost.  I
> can do http into them as long as there's an index file in there, just
> can't do FTP.
>
> Is there something simple I'm missing?  I've tried changing permissions
> from root to apache to a user and all that to the home dir, and the ones
> below it.  It's just saying the directory doesn't exist.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Dan T.
Cavecreek Systems Administration Team
http://www.cavecreek.net

24 hour technical support
support@cavecreek.net
480.449.7750

We welcome feedback on your customer service experience.
Please send a message to qc@cavecreek.net