httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Shannon <m...@paycom.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting Started With Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:51:07 GMT
This is an alias function. Virtual hosting would involve different
servernames as in http://localhost1, http://localhost2, etc., each with
it's own document root ( c:/sites/localhost1, c:/sites/localhost2 ). If
you would like to pull up different sites under one servername, you need
to discriminate via directory structure, either under the one doc root
or by using the alias as was said before;

Alias /geoworld c:/sites/geoworld
Alias /othersite c:/sites othersite

-m