httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Low <glow2...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_ssl setup problem
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:26:38 GMT

Wondered if someone can help with mod_ssl. Have been trying to "tidy up"
my ssl configuration, have been using it with perl cgi but it keeps
saying the server is not the same because I assume the certificate is
the default certificate and is using localhost.
I have some virtual domains and want to limit access to one of the
domains to particular users, this is done with .htaccess controls but
for them to change the password I want it to be secure. Bottom line is
most is in place but I am trying to tidy the ssl certificate on the
server and am installing a private certificate.
Embarassing problem I am having here is I have found the Howto in SSL
and can see in the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf where to put the key and
the certificate but the howto mentions that I have to use a script
/sign.sh to generate the server.crt as a certificate authority, I can't
find this script. Have searched and found some makefiles associated with
openssl directories but am not sure if they are similar.
Position at the moment is  I am a certificate authority and have a
certificate request but can't generate the server.crt file.
Tried to look for the source directories as it states
   "a script named sign.sh is distributed with the mod_ssl
      distribution (subdir pkg.contrib/). Use this script for signing."
but am having no luck.

Thanks

Gordon Low