httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] bandwidth control - Part 2
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:41:03 GMT
nico wrote:
> So there is no way to monitor bandwitch with apache 2 ?

There is, all you need is the logs which Apache 2 will happily write for
you. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to write a custom script that
extracts the transfered amount in a given time period. You could also write
your own module!

Most hosting services (including myself) do not usually cap when a host
reach it transfer limit, but instead calculate it at the end of the month
and charge for it. I would only cap a host if it has so much traffic it
hurts other hosts.

> The apache fundation say us to migrate to apache2 but if it's so hard
> to find a module for this version nobody will upgrade his version !!!!

Sadly, the porting of modules to Apache 2.0 is slow. One reason is that too
few admins are willing to take the lead in using it, and thus there is less
demand for porting the old 1.3 modules.

Regards,
Robert Andersson