httpd-users mailing list archives

From Didier WIROTH <didier.wir...@mcesr.etat.lu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_bandwith (chroot problem?)
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:56:33 GMT
Hi,
(os freebsd 5.2-release)

I'm running apache 1.3.29 in chroot environnment. Today I tried to use
mod_bandwidth (for the first time) but apache doesn't start claiming this:
Syntax error on line 96 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
BandWidthDataDir must be a valid directory

Apache is started like this:
chroot /home/httpd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd

httpd.conf has the following bandwidth references:
BandwidthModule on
BandwidthDataDir /tmp/apachebw
MaxConnection 2

If have also tried without success:
BandwidthDataDir "/tmp/apachebw"

/home/httpd/tmp/apachepw contains the following directories
drwxrwxrwx  2 root  sys  512 Jan 19 15:49 link
drwxrwxrwx  2 root  sys  512 Jan 19 15:49 master
At this time they all have chmod 777 to be sure this isn't the problem.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?
Thx