httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kong, Yi - HPL" <Yi.K...@cityofhouston.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:45:42 GMT
Yau, You are exactly right. I am so stupid to copy the httpd.conf from
running directory, but didn't go through carefully.

Thanks for all of you

Yi

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Yau [mailto:byau@cardcommerce.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question

> Are there any ways I can test 2.0 in the 1.3 server?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yi

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  But anyway, it looks like in your
config file in your /usr/local/apache2 installatoin you are referencing
/usr/local/apache.  You can't do that.  This means any custom modules you
compiled and installed for /usr/local/apache must also be done now for
/usr/local/apache2.

If you're asking if you can use the same config file, you can't just copy it
over.  You will need to port it over line by line, adding in the lines into
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf that should go and making sure not to
input the lines that don't.  The diff command may be helpful here
diff /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf