httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kong, Yi - HPL" <Yi.K...@cityofhouston.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:43:10 GMT
Thanks Marty, I  have a little different situation. I have Internet and
Intranet (mod-SSL) run both on Apache 1.3. I want to go to 2.0, but it
always want to share libraries with old installation (I think ?)which is
1.3. You can see this error while I try to start it.

Another question is if I brave enough someday. Wiping out my Internet and do
a reinstall 2.0. Will it effect the 1.3 Intranet server with Apache 1.3
mod-SSL?

Thanks again

Yi

-----Original Message-----
From: Marty Landman [mailto:MLandman@face2interface.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:21 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question

At 03:44 PM 1/6/2004, Kong, Yi - HPL wrote:
>Are there any ways I can test 2.0 in the 1.3 server?

Yi, I seem to be travelling a similar path. I have an intranet server
running FBSD 4.8 and Apache2 and have just installed Apache1.3 with
mod_perl. So far so good, it seems that the new (1.3) version has put
itself on entirely different paths; e.g.

#/usr/home/httpd/bin/apachectl start
#/usr/home/httpd/bin/apachectl stop

starts and stops the more recently installed 1.3 version, while

#apachectl start
#apachectl stop

stops and starts the previously installed version 2.

Don't know what'll happen after a rehash yet  :)  Nice to see that the
Apache developers have made this thing so that alternate releases can work
and play together so nicely; if only we ppl could do so well, eh?

hth,

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site