httpd-users mailing list archives

From "bruce" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Serving remote files from Apache...
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 04:21:18 GMT
Nick,

Thanks for your responses... Are you interested in possibly working with us
on this project...

If you are, send us your resume/CV and your contact information and the best
time to call you. We'll get in touch with you as sosn as possible.

Thanks

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net
(925) 866-2790

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 5:16 PM
To: bruce
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Serving remote files from Apache...

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, bruce wrote:

> 2.1: How much data are we talking about?
>      You had to ask...!!! For a given site, we believe that they will
> average ~10-20 pages of text... We'd guess ~5-10K.. We don't really know,
> but we do know we're not talking large quantities of data for the sites...

Are you sure you need any complex setup, rather than just (say)
transferring all the data to the Apache server itself with a cron job?

In the early days of big hosting farms, people would host 1000 sites
that size comfortably on a state-of-the-art Pentium 90.

>      This will range. For design issues, assume a minimal machine...
500MHz,
> 10GHd, 256Meg Ram.

Hey, can I have a minimal machine for my webserver? :-)

--
Nick Kew