httpd-users mailing list archives

From "eslatino" <eslat...@espaciolatino.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual host
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:39:08 GMT
NameVirtualHost 95.175.10.200:81

<VirtualHost 95.175.10.200>
     ServerName pomodoro.tudominio.com
     ServerAdmin webmaster@tudominio.com
     DocumentRoot /www/pomodoro
     CustomLog logs/acess.log combined
  </VirtualHost>

95.175.10.200 must be the IP of your machine. If you dont have a DNS server runing, you can
try to use a hosts file:

95.175.10.200 tudominio.com
95.175.10.200 pomodoro.tudominio.com

But in the real life you'll need modify the DNS server where you have alocated your domain.

Bye.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Francesca@simply.it
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 2:10 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] virtual host

  Hi,
  I have to set Virtual Hosts on my server but I'm not able.
  I tried a lot of time on my web server and it is dangerous for my websites because they
were off line for much times.
  So I'm trying with a local computer, that has the same configuration.
  I've windows 2000 serverm IIS on port 80 and Apache on port 81

  In the config file I set htdocs as document root.
  In the Apache Folder I've created a folder www and a subfolder of this "pomodoro".

  I have set the Virtual Host as follow:

  BindAddress *
  Port 81
  <VirtualHost pomodoro>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@pomodoro.it
      DocumentRoot /www/pomodoro
      ServerName localhost:81
  </VirtualHost>

  I want try in local, so if I go to the http://localhost:81 page It's ok!
  But how can I see my pomodoro folder?
  If I go to http://localhost:81/pomodoro The page is not found, and The error log of Apache
tell me that folder "pomodoro" in htdocs dosn't exist!
  Obviosly It is in www folder!!!
  What can I do?

  When I restart Apache there is an error: apache can not resolve host pomodoro...

  What I have to do?
  I dont' know anything about DNS, and this is a local test!!!

  Thank you!
  Francesca (I'm sorry for my bad english!!!)