httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Directory Listing: Ignoring all but one file/pattern - is that possible?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:18:49 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:
> Wise thought - IndexIgnore does not "protect" the files, it merely
> prevents them being listed in the directory listing. A direct request
> for the filename (assuming it is known to the client) will still work,
> of course.

Uhm, I'm in a bit of a hurry so I do not have time to look it up, but
doesn't mod_autoindex perform a subrequest on each entry in the directory,
and only list it if it comes out successful? If so, should it not be
possible to control which files are listed (and protected) through other
methods such as mod_rewrite or FilesMatch etc?

Regards,
Robert Andersson