httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emanuel Corthay" <winte...@sked.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache segmentation fault - virtual host/php4
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:07:54 GMT
Hi everybody,

My apache is crashing (segmentation fault) when I try starting it, it's the
first time it's doing that on me, and I tried everything that came into my
mind.

I have :
Server version: Apache/1.3.29 (Debian GNU/Linux)
Server built:   Dec 17 2003 15:54:05
On my debian testing (2.4.22 kernel) box

Symptom:
apache -X returns: Processing config directory: /etc/apache/conf.d
and then segmentation fault. The log doesn't report anything, except that
apache was probably not exited nicely (you bet...).

Context:
It happens only when I have MORE than 2 virtual hosts configured (just any 2
of my 7 virtual hosts).
and only when mod_php4 is loaded... And I don't need to make a request for
the server to crash.

I would appreciate any suggestion, I really find it frustrating to have such
a great server limited to only 2 virtual on my server...
I would be happy to send more information if needed.

Thanks for you help!

Emanuel