httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Erwin Peeters" <erwin.peet...@zappware.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Cache Revalidation and Reload
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:57:48 GMT
Hi,

i'm using Apache 2.0.48 as a Proxy (mod_proxy) with a memory cache (mod_cache, mod_mem_cache).
Behind the proxy i've got JBoss/Tomcat running. I don't use mod_jk for the communication between
Apache and Tomcat. The servlets write an Expires directive to the response headers to inform
the cache abouth how long the result of a request should be cached.

When i want to inform the cache that a certain entrance should be reloaded i send a request
for this entrance with a max-age=0 Cache Control directive in the header of the request. Problem
is that there can be many request for the same servlet but with different parameters in the
cache. So, if i change my servlet i would have to reload all these requests and since i'v
got no idea of what's in the cache this isn't possible.

Is there some kind of tool that can give an overview of what's in the cache and that permits
me to reload certain cache entries.? If not, is there a way to get an overview of what's inside
the cache?

Thanks,
Erwin