httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason D" <ja...@codepanzyz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] bandwidth control - Part 2
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 08:43:32 GMT
Hello everyone,
    I posted a question about a week ago asking if anyone knows about
throttling bandwidth per month per VHOST to no avail. I see stats saying
that apache is running 60% of the web servers out there. But I can not find
any information on the ability to limit the amount of bandwidth used per
site per month. Seeing as how 99% of web hosting companies charge this way
and 60% of the web is run on apache, does this mean that none of the apache
sites are limiting bandwidth usage in this manor? That is somewhat of a
rhetorical question / rant due to frustration of not being able to educate
myself on how to limit bandwidth with apache 2.x. But really what is being
used to enforce the limits put into place at the point of sale with
commercial web hosting sites running apache? I know that out of that 60%
Does anyone on this list use apache to host sites with bandwidth
limitations?
          Thanks,
             Jason