httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Iain Cunningham" <iain.cunning...@architecta.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 + Windows 2000 Server SP4 + Adaptec RAID array = "DocumentRoot must be a directory"
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:19:08 GMT

OK, I tried from the command prompt and that just caused the same
"DocumentRoot..." message in the system error log (nothing in the Apache
log or the command prompt window though), so I then went back to Google
with some different search criteria and found this (apologies if you're
a *nix user, if OpenOffice/StarOffice can't open this, but it's probably
not of much interest to you anyway):

http://das.ite.iowa.gov/security/doc/Windows_Apache_2.doc

Having looked through it I have set up the server with an "apache"
account that has appropriate levels of access to the various parts of
the filesystem and it now appears to be running just fine.

Thanks for your help,

Iain