httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Greg" <myispsu...@midsouth.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Permissions
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:17:46 GMT
I'm guessing permissions falls under Apache in some way here.  Under my
web root I have /home with a blank index file in it, then a few user
directories under that.  Before the reload I could allow each user
rights to ftp into their own directories.  Now I can't and I'm lost.  I
can do http into them as long as there's an index file in there, just
can't do FTP.

Is there something simple I'm missing?  I've tried changing permissions
from root to apache to a user and all that to the home dir, and the ones
below it.  It's just saying the directory doesn't exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks