httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike" <fmfaulk...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Error
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 02:45:50 GMT

I looked at my config which has 2 virtual hosts. The pattern I use follows:

NameVirtualHost YourServerIpAddress:80
NameVirtualHost YourServerIpAddress:8080

<VirtualHost YourServerIpAddress:80>
    ServerName domain1.com
    ServerAlias *.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost YourServerIpAddress:80>
    ServerName domain2.com
    ServerAlias *.domain2.com
</VirtualHost>

Note that the www is not added to the server name. I don't know if that is
your problem.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg [mailto:myispsucks@midsouth.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 6:31 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Error

I've read many threads and a few Apache web pages on setting up Virtual
Hosts. I'm guessing something just isn't playing right.

Here's the error I saw in the error_log after restarting Apache:

[warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

Someone said that if we use *:80, to have our own server/domain listed first
so I did that.  Here's what I have in the Vhosts.conf:

################# Named VirtualHosts
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.myserver.com
TransferLog /etc/httpd/logs/transfer_log #ServerPath /domain DocumentRoot
/var/www/html
</VirtualHost>

# NameVirtualHost 214.23.17.10:80
<VirtualHost 214.23.17.10:80>
        ServerAdmin admin@myserver.com
        ServerName www.1171.com
        ErrorLog /var/www/html/domains/1171/error_log
        TransferLog /var/www/html/domains/1171/transfer_log
#ServerPath /domain
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html/domains/1171/PN726/html
        Options ExecCgi FollowSymlinks
</VirtualHost>

What is it that I'm not following?  It's a registered domain name with a
static IP assigned to me along with 4 others.  I just now did the DNS update
so it's populating, but I'm getting an error (above) and it's telling me I
don't have any virtual hosts defined.

Thanks for the help.
Greg