httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot browse from the internet...
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:45:20 GMT
I am with Cavalier Telephone. I think they compete with Verizon on this
end.

>>> pagedev1@speakeasy.net 12/21/03 1:04 PM >>>

The first thing that I would do is check with your ISP and see if
the allow it or not.  Circumventing this is not as easy it might
sound.  It all depends on what the ISP is doing.  If they are blocking
the enitre range of port 80 (80,8080,8880,8088,etc) then there is
not much that you can do.  You can have users just come to your IP
address, and from within the router go to port 80.  That might (I
STRESS)
might help.  I would not hold my breath.

Who is your DSL company? The other thing you can do is change
ISP (if avaiable).  Then make sure that they do allow it.  I use
Speakeasy.net and they allow you to run any kind of a server that
you want.    You can even share a wireless connection if you would
like.

Steven

IPsecPass
> tru.
> This means that you wil not see your own computer on the IP adress you

> have from your ISP, only from your local IP adress.
> Only from a other location you wil see the server on the IP adress
from
> your ISP
>

> Op 21-dec-03 om 0:25 heeft Ola Ogunneye het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Thanks for your response.
> >
> > I am using Linksys BEFSX41 4-port switch and Port 80 is being
> forwarded
> > on this router for http and so also is port 25.
> >
> > Somehow, if I just type the local IP address (192.168.1.63) in my
URL,

> > get to my site on the same PC still. I see the site by typing either
> > http://localhost or http://192.168.1.63
> >
> > I do have a static IP address from my DSL ISP. The number is
> > 216.49.74.183.
> >
> > Somehow when I pinged the IP from a friends office, I get a reply.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks again

> > Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> >
> >> I am also a total novice in this arena and I am interested in
sharing
> > my
> >> family pictures with members of my extended family. So I am using a
> >> weblog to accomplish my goal.
> >>
> >> Somehow, I have finished everything locally on the server, I can
> > browse
> >> the site on the Server, but from no where else. I initially thought
> > that
> >> it has something to do with my httpd.conf file and so I stripped it
> > and
> >> now all I get is the successful installation of Apache on my
server.
> > But
> >> still cannot browse from the only other PC connected to my LAN, an
XP