httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot browse from the internet...
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:32:56 GMT
So are you saying all I need then is to change my DSL modem? The one I
have is a paradyne HOT wire REACH DSL modem. It did not require any
configuration on my part, and was shipped to me by the DSL provider.

Would changing the modem solve my problem? I thought if you can see my
Apache installation page, then you can see me? Knowing that, I do not
think the IPsecpasstru is the problem, is it?

>>> info@multi-graphics.nl 12/21/03 5:10 AM >>>
I am not talking about your linksys router but about your DSL modem.
This modem maby dus not support IPSecPassTru.

The only option to see your own server is by typing your local IP or
adjust the DNS server on your modem(if it has a DNS server)
Myn DSL moedem is a alcatel speedtouch and has a DNS server where i
typt a name like myserver and tel it to go to my local IP.

Thus if i type in my browser htp://myserver i wil see my own server

Op 21-dec-03 om 1:55 heeft Ola Ogunneye het volgende geschreven:

> I have enabled ipsecpass tru on my router. All I want to accomplish is
> to see my webserver on the internet. All I got from the ISP is the DSL
> line, does that mean that they can block me from hosting my own
> webserver? If so, how can I circumvent this?
>
> Thaks again

> it is very common that your ISP dsl or cabel modem dusnt alow
IPsecPass
> tru.
> This means that you wil not see your own computer on the IP adress you
> have from your ISP, only from your local IP adress.
> Only from a other location you wil see the server on the IP adress
from
> your ISP
>

> Op 21-dec-03 om 0:25 heeft Ola Ogunneye het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Thanks for your response.
>>
>> I am using Linksys BEFSX41 4-port switch and Port 80 is being
> forwarded
>> on this router for http and so also is port 25.
>>
>> Somehow, if I just type the local IP address (192.168.1.63) in my
URL,

>> get to my site on the same PC still. I see the site by typing either
>> http://localhost or http://192.168.1.63
>>
>> I do have a static IP address from my DSL ISP. The number is
>> 216.49.74.183.
>>
>> Somehow when I pinged the IP from a friends office, I get a reply.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks again

>> Ola Ogunneye wrote:
>>
>>> I am also a total novice in this arena and I am interested in
sharing
>> my
>>> family pictures with members of my extended family. So I am using a
>>> weblog to accomplish my goal.
>>>
>>> Somehow, I have finished everything locally on the server, I can
>> browse
>>> the site on the Server, but from no where else. I initially thought
>> that
>>> it has something to do with my httpd.conf file and so I stripped it
>> and
>>> now all I get is the successful installation of Apache on my server.
>> But
>>> still cannot browse from the only other PC connected to my LAN, an
XP