httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <oogun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot browse from the internet...
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:23:59 GMT
Hello all,

I am running Apache 2.0.47, PHP 4.3.2 and Mysql 4.0.13 on Windows 2000
Advanced Server.

I am also a total novice in this arena and I am interested in sharing my
family pictures with members of my extended family. So I am using a
weblog to accomplish my goal.

Somehow, I have finished everything locally on the server, I can browse
the site on the Server, but from no where else. I initially thought that
it has something to do with my httpd.conf file and so I stripped it and
now all I get is the successful installation of Apache on my server. But
still cannot browse from the only other PC connected to my LAN, an XP
Pro PC.

I have DSL router and I browse the internet from either PC, I can ping
either PC or the router LAN and WAN addresses, but I cannot browse my
webserver except on the PC that it resides on.  And it cannot be reached
from the outside, which made me think that it might not have been my
httpd.conf.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks