httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_usertrack, WindowsXp & cookies
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:02:53 GMT

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Andrew Quayle wrote:

> Apache, by default doesn't send cookies (so the docs say) - How do I change
> it to send cookies. I am running WindowsXP and don't know what file to
> change.
>
> Quote from Apache Docs:-
> When the user track module is compiled in, and "CookieTracking on" is set,
> Apache will start sending a user-tracking cookie for all new requests. This
> directive can be used to turn this behavior on or off on a per-server or
> per-directory basis. By default, compiling mod_usertrack will not activate
> cookies.
>
> So - how do I turn on cookies please??

The crucial file is httpd.conf.

You likely need to make two changes to this file:

1. There should be a line that begins with LoadModule that references
mod_usertrack.  You need to uncomment this to enable mod_usertrack.

2. You need to add the line "CookieTracking On".  Adding it to the end of
the file should be sufficient.

Joshua.