httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Recompiling Without HTTP TRACE
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:16:24 GMT

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Thomas George wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> It's not a choice I get to make.
>
> Our security group follows policies given to them by the federal government,
> and HTTP TRACE has been identified as a vulnerability; maybe they know
> something I don't...?

That's quite a vague reference to an imprecise authority.  I have a
feeling if you really tracked this down, you'd find you are making a
mistake.

> Anyhow, I still would like to know if it's possible to turn it off during
> compilation, and how to do it.

Sure it's possible.  It involves doing some quantity of source-code
hacking.  And I wouldn't recommend it.

Is it possible to do it without hacking the source?  No.

Joshua.