httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.be>
Subject RE: Re: [users@httpd] Help, royally stuck!
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:34:29 GMT
Maybe this:
Open Internet Explorer, hit Tools -> Options -> Connections -> LAN ->
Advanced -> Add 192.168.0.* in the "Don't use proxy" box
Or add your local host to your hosts file (%windir%/system32/drivers/etc/)

Koen

-----Original Message-----
From: paul-w@rogers.com [mailto:paul-w@rogers.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 8:00 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re: [users@httpd] Help, royally stuck!

Hey Josh,

Great point.  I checked the error log and found no error messages.  The
server seemed to be running fine.

I'm using Microsoft IE 6.0 right now.  I had the same problem when I tried
running IIS instead.  However, that was resolved when I tried to access
http://localhost using Netscape.  Later I discovered that I need to uncheck
the "Automatically Detect Settings" under Tools->Internet
Options->Connections->Lan Settings for IE.  So at least I know I can use
IIS.

Now when I tried to run Apache again under the new setting for Microsoft IE
I get a different problem.  No error message this time, it just appears that
the IE hangs halfway.  I got a similar problem using Netscape.

My configuration for the http.conf file is now as follows:

Listen 80
ServerName localhost:80

Man... this is frustrating.  Any help would be great.