httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Dyson" <ndy...@gplsinc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Possible internal external conflict?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:02:47 GMT
I had this problem also.  My ISP seems to have blocked incoming port 80
Requests.  I set apache to listen to port 8080 and Setup my router to
forward port 8080 to the internal address of my Apache server.  This allowed
me access to my site from a public address.  This is just a workaround for
me now.  But if your ISP is doing the same thing, there is no way around it,
unless you buy business class service I believe.

-Nate

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Healey [mailto:khealey@email.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 11:31 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Possible internal external conflict?

I am able to run apache 2.0 on my Windows XP pro BOX, and I have
successfully installed the software so when I go to my domain. Gamerspec.com
whatever I have in HTDocs loads properly.

But when I try to do this from the outside, I get no page found errors.

For testing purposes I have my firewall disabled and my wireless router is
listening to port 80.

What are most common problems when a page can load from the host and not
from the outside.