httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Erwin Knobbe" <kno...@chello.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SUEXEC
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 07:37:27 GMT
Hi,

My /home does exist. Under the /home directory are all my users/vhost dirs.
Everything is working fine except the cgi-bin.

Grtz

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Andre Malo [mailto:nd@perlig.de]
Verzonden: maandag 8 december 2003 20:41
Aan: users@httpd.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: [users@httpd] SUEXEC

* "Erwin Knobbe" <knobbe@chello.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get SUEXEC working on apache 2.x. I use redhat 9. I have
> recompiled the rpm with suexec support.
> When i start apache i can see in the error log that SUEXEC starts up. My
> cgi-bin is in the users home folder ( /home/xxx/cgi-bin)
> But it doesn't work. I get this message when executing a test cgi
> script: -Premature end of script headers: test.cgi
> I get this message in suexec log file: cannot get docroot information
> (/home).
>
> Anyone an idee? I searched google but coulnd't find the right answer.

It typically means, that suexec cannot chdir into the desired directory for
some reason. This is the corresponding code:

    if (userdir) {
        if (((chdir(target_homedir)) != 0) ||
            ((chdir(AP_USERDIR_SUFFIX)) != 0) ||
            ((getcwd(dwd, AP_MAXPATH)) == NULL) ||
            ((chdir(cwd)) != 0)) {
            log_err("cannot get docroot information (%s)\n",
target_homedir);
            exit(112);
        }
    }
    else {
        if (((chdir(AP_DOC_ROOT)) != 0) ||
            ((getcwd(dwd, AP_MAXPATH)) == NULL) ||
            ((chdir(cwd)) != 0)) {
            log_err("cannot get docroot information (%s)\n", AP_DOC_ROOT);
            exit(113);
        }
    }

So, "desired directory" is either the compiled in docroot or the script
location. I'm assuming that you're not using userdir, so I'd guess that
/home
(as the compiled in docroot) doesn't exist?

nd