httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject FW: [users@httpd] Is this entry valid for Virtual Host
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:02:05 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ola Ogunneye [mailto:OOgunney@adventisthealthcare.com]

Thanks for the plain text... much better!

But please stop changing the reply-to and mailing me directly - send all
mails via the list.

> "If "line #25 below does not have a closing </Directory>" then your
> config won't work. I suspect you're not looking far enough down. Look
> down another 20 lines or so - or use something to search!"
>
> I hope you do not end up hating me, but what I was trying to do is to
> have two domains on the IP address. I really started out with
> a regular
> httpd.conf, and I have not configured the virtualhost area yet.
>
> However, when I type
> http://localhost/feyiola_public/index.html or type
> http://localhost/atb_public/index.html, the browser takes me to the
> correct address. This is because I created 2 folders under
> htdocs that I
> named feyiola_public and atb_public.

Your original VH config was correct... why don't you try it? If you
want, you can run it one Localhost too; just do:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
  servername site_1
  etc...

<VirtualHost *>
  servername site_2
  etc...

and it will work for all active IPs (inlcuding 127.0.0.1)...

> I have not fiddled with the httpd.conf file at this time, and the line
> that I referred to was just that. <Directory D:/apache/apache2/htdocs>
> without any closing </Directory> after it.

Yes there is - look 29 lines further down.... (It does not necessarily
have to be right next to it!)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I have attached my original httpd.conf for you to see.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Ola A. Ogunneye
> Senior Accountant
>
> Adventist Healthcare - Financial Services
> 1801 Research Boulevard, Suite 400
> Rockville, MD 20850
> Tel:  301.315.3274
> Fax: 301.315.3265