httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Changing absolute local URLs to absolute global URLs
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:47:13 GMT

What are the URLs like in the source HTML documents? If they are
hard-coded like href="http://mac-os-x.local/claroline/index.php" then
you will have to edit them manually (well, perl, or even sed, can help a
lot...)

When writing HTML; for links within your site you should always use
either URLs relative to the server root (eg href="/claroline/index.php"
which resolves to http://server/claroline/index.php in the browser) or
URLs relative to the current document (eg if you are in
http://server/topdir/yourpage.html, the link href="subdir/page.html"
resolves to http://server/topdir/subdir/page.html in the browser). You
should never begin a URL with "http" unless it truly leads off-site.

Or is it just that you are testing the site on http://mac-os-x.local/?
If so, and the links are relative, then they will look like
http://mac-os-x.local/claroline/index.php in the browser but when you
view the pages from a production server, the links will switch to
http://www.mypublicdomain.dk/claroline/index.php.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any suggestions such
> appreciated.
>
> Many, many thanks in advance,     Thorkild Jensen

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.