httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] InterShop Markup Language support for Apache
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:20:09 GMT

I rather thought that myself...

> Erm "the java servlet"?  That's jumping to a _very_ heavyweight
> conclusion.

I cheated - I had a quick look at the InterShop website (to OP: hint,
hint...) It's very vague on the technical details (as are most
commercial software vendors) but it looks to me like you need a servlet
engine to handle the transform of ISML to HTML. I think that's what they
sell.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>If you want to convert proprietary XML to HTML then a
> Namespace handler or even an XSLT transform make much more sense.
>
> > This is why I answered "yes" to your first question. Apache
> can serve
> > any file which can be generated by another application.
> Your problem is
> > to find a back-end that can interpret ISML.
>
> Either you're serving it or you're converting it to something else
> like HTML.  AFAICS the OP didn't specify.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.