httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] HTdoc root problem
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 08:35:43 GMT

All you are seeing is the default Apache directory listing. Apache
generates and serves this page if there is no DirectoryIndex defined in
the directory and if "Indexes" is enabled as an option. The page is
still HTML and the protocol remains HTTP.

This page is generated by mod_autoindex and is quite extensively
configurable - see docs for details.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.