httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@springt.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite Problem still Please Help!!!
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:59:41 GMT
It may be that mod_rewrite is already compiled into the binary, in that case
no DSO is needed to be loaded.

Before you do anything, just see if

	RewriteEngine On

Will issue an error. If it does, try your two lines. If it doesn't, it IS
already installed.

Wouter

________________________________

	Van: Ola Ogunneye [mailto:oogunney@adventisthealthcare.com]
	Verzonden: maandag 1 december 2003 14:39
	Aan: users@httpd.apache.org
	Onderwerp: [users@httpd] Rewrite Problem still Please Help!!!

	I am using a program that requires mod_rewrite to be installed. This
program also tells me what the required syntax should be:

	LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/mod_rewrite.so
	AddModule mod_rewrite.c

	I am using a binary version of Apache 2.0.47, and in looking in the
httpd.conf file, I did not see the any of the above. Is it safe for me to
put the suggested lines in my httpd.conf file?

	I am running win2k, mysql 4.0.13 and PHP 4.3.2

	My other program keeps telling me that the .htaccess is not obeying
some rules and that I needed to do something to mod_rewrite.

	Appreciate any help

	Thanks

	Ola