httpd-users mailing list archives

From "abhay pendse" <abh...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Getting [error] : Cannot allocate shared memory: (17)File exists..
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:57:46 GMT
We have Apache 2.0.45 server with openSSL/0.9.6i running on secured and
unsecured ports on HP-UX. Since last week I am getting following error when
I try to start the Apache web server.

[error] Cannot allocate shared memory: (17)File exists

ps output showed one apache process running. I killed the single apache
process and then deleted ssl_scache file under logs directory.

Once I do that, I get following error when trying to start Apache,

(226)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:443
Unable to open logs

The lsof command on port 443 shows rng process accessing the port. This
process can not be killed.

At this time rebooting the machine(which is very disruptive to other users)
is the only way I am able to successfully restart the web server.

Please let me know how to resolve this error.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhay

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com